Volvo PTT (Premium Tech Tool) is a diagnostic tool specifically designed for Volvo vehicles. It allows users to perform various functions, including programming the Electronic Control Unit (ECU). In this article, we will guide you through the steps on how to use Volvo PTT to program the ECU.
– Connect the diagnostic tool to the vehicle,then run the Volvo PTT.
– After warning massage display, click “Yes”
– Waiting for system reading unit information.
– Then you will see the “Work Order Number” window
– Move the mouse to click “TT2 XX”, then click “Start Work”
Refreshing central data…waiting
Click the menu bar option “Program”
Focus on right side content to click “1700-08-03-39 Program Electronic Control Unit”
Note: This operation is used to program a selected Electronic Control Unit. Parameter values will be transferred to the new software.
Select “Vehicle ECU(MID 144)”,the click “Program”
Then PTT software will check conditions automatically.
1.Bttery voltage above 10 V
2.Parking brake applied
3.Ignintion key in ON position Engine not running
System will perform programming steps automatically, as following:
1 .Reading out transferable parameters from selected Electronic Control Units:
2 .Retreving software part numbers
3. Downloading software from control systems
4. Testing programming speed
5. Programming Electronic Control Units
6. Programming Completed
During the performing programming steps, the if the system prompt you “There are no software updates for the selected Electronic Control Unit”
Do you want to reload t existing software?
Then check “I Accept” and click “Continue”
Waiting system downloading software form control systems
The system will start downloading the software from the control systems. Please wait patiently for the download to complete.
More trouble repair case for Volvo,pls refer to:Volvo Trouble Repair.