CGDI CG70 and OBDSTAR P50 are professional and cost-effective airbag reset tool on the market. Both can read DTC, read and write EEPROM and clear crash on bench with the clear wiring diagram in the software. There are some differences between them, but both are worth buying.
CGDI CG70 is better than P50 in the following accepts:
– Price is a little cheaper
– Supportsauto repair and repair airbag crash data
– SupportsMACXXX MCU type
– Software is simple, easy to check wiring diagramto use
– No dismantling, no welding, and non-destructive repair
OBDSTAR P50 is better than CG70 in the following accepts:
– A standalone tool, can work directly without PC.
– Supports more vehicle brands and ECU Part Numbers
– Supports OBD and bench mode. Most can be done by OBD, if fails by OBD, do it on bench.
– Can do Tesla, Maserati etc high-end vehicle airbag reset
– Supports mileage and oil light reset by buying the related authorization
– Supports longer free update time
Check more details in the comparison table below.
|Product||CGDI CG70||OBDSTAR P50|
|Standalone||Based on PC, multiple systems||Standalone, Android 5.1.1 tablet|
|Read and write EEPROM||Yes||Yes|
|Read and write Flash||No||Yes|
|Way to reset airbag||Bench||OBD and Bench|
|Repair airbag crash data||Yes||Only reset|
|Support brands||19 brands incl. Buick, Chevrolet, Ford, Great Wall, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Nissan, Opel, Renault, Suzuki etc||38 brands incl. Acura, Audi, Benz, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Dodge, Ford, GMC, GreatWall, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, KIA, Land Rover, Lincoln, Maserati, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Subaru, Suzuki, Tesla, Toyota, VW, Volvo|
|MCU types||MACXXX, H8SX, RH850, SPC, XC2XXX, TC2XXX, TMS570||H8SX, RH850, SPC, XC2XXX, TC2XXX, TMS570|
|Support airbag ECU part numbers||Over 2000 ECU Part Numbers||Over 6500 ECU Part Numbers|
|No dismantling, no welding||Yes||Require welding|
|Update||Free update online for 1 year||Free update online for 18 months, later $150 per year (March promotion is $90)|
|Tesla Airbag reset||No||Yes|
|Extend function||No||Buy Odometer Reset+ Oil Light/ Service Reset Authorization, get mileage and oil reset function|
|Airbag coverage||CG70 Airbag Reset Tool Support List||OBDSTAR P50 Airbag Coverage|
So, which one is better to choose? It just depends on the function and vehicle you want to do.
If you want a cheap and easy-operation airbag reset tool without dismantling and welding, choose CGDI CG70 Airbag Reset Tool. If you also need mileage and oil light reset function, OBDSTAR P50 Airbag Reset Tool is the best choice.